The Board of Master National Retriever Club would like to welcome all participants to our 2021 event to be held in Idaho. We wish you and your dogs the best of luck, and to all participants a healthy and enjoyable event.
The MNRC Board is actively monitoring the incidences of Covid 19 in McCall, Idaho/Valley County, Idaho and surrounding areas. We have been asked how Covid 19 might impact our upcoming event. To answer this question, we have prepared this statement which pertains solely to field work.
MNRC is following the guidance from local health departments and the CDC regarding large gatherings. At this time, our upcoming event will take place.
If you chose to attend, please keep in mind the CDC’s recommendations on how to keep yourself and those around you healthy. Some of these recommendations are printed below. We also want everyone to be aware of MNRC policies if someone contracts Covid during the event. The MNRC Board has set forth guidelines in hopes that by so doing there will be no misunderstanding as to what might occur if Covid is detected. You, as participants, will become a vital part in seeing that everyone remains healthy.
The MNRC Board cannot and will not police your choices. However, we sincerely ask that you be considerate of the wellbeing of others at the event. Hopefully, most of you are fully vaccinated, but if not, you should wear a mask or practice social distancing. The MNRC Board respectfully requests that you might consider wearing a mask at all times unless you are running your dog. *Please note that you must bring your own supply of masks. If you feel sick or are showing symptoms of Covid prior to the event, we ask that you scratch your dog and do not attend. In this situation, a FULL REFUND will be given. Please understand that once the flights begin, NO REFUNDS will be given because of a Covid situation.
After the event starts, these guidelines should be followed:
1. In the event that you become sick or suspect Covid, you should personally notify (VIA TEXT OR PHONE CALL) the Stake Chair or Safety Chair in your flight. Please do not come to the line to report this. Also, please contact Robert Rascoe (Safety Chair) about testing sites. (336-978-5240). You must leave the grounds until your test results are known. You may have someone else run your dog while awaiting results. If you refuse to follow these procedures, you will be asked to scratch your dog and leave the event with NO REFUND. You are responsible to notify those with whom you have been in close contact.
2. While the participant is awaiting test result, his or her flight will be closely monitored by the Safety Committee. If any others become ill, that flight may be subject to being shut down completely. This will be a decision of the Safety Committee and the full MNRC Board.
3. If multiple flights have incidences of illness, the Safety Committee and the MNRC Board will evaluate the situation which regrettably could lead to a complete shutdown of the event. Please understand that a measure such as this would be completely studied and would be a last resort.
4. We will continue during the event to monitor port-a-johns and attempt to keep them as clean as the situation allows. Hand sanitizers will be readily available. Please notify the Stake Chair if you notice an unsanitary condition.
5. Birds will be placed in buckets rather then handed to judges. You may also use your gun as a handler’s gun if you so desire. Each individual will be responsible for gun safety.
Again, you as participants need to look out for yourselves but also be considerate of your fellow participants. If you see any health threatening situation, please make your Stake Chair or Safety Chair aware so that it may be addressed.
We have all worked hard to get here. We come from all parts of the country to showcase our retrievers and have fellowship with our friends. Let’s all do our best to make this a healthy and successful event!
AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW OR WHO ARE SICK.
WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVER AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING
AVOID TOUCHING YOUR EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH WITH UNWASHED HANDS
WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS OR USE ALCOHOL-BASED HAND SANITIZER THAT CONTAINS AT LEAST 60% ALCOHOL IF SOAP AND WATER ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
*Rapid Covid Tests are available at most Walgreens in Boise and Meridian, but you must go online at Walgreens.com in order to make an appointment.